Tuesday, July 15, 2008

speeding up to slow down?

Yesterday morning DK and I had a coffee and sat down to go over the week ahead of us. We brainstormed, prayed, and talked about what we needed to accomplish in order to get out of town Thursday night.

We are flying to San Francisco to meet up with Kristen and domenica for a weekend in the wine country. domenica's family is from Northern California and they invited us to come for a visit, eat great food and camp along the river. I've been dreaming about this vacation for a long time now and I CANNOT believe it's almost here.

Typically before an exciting vacation like this I would wish the week ahead of me away, stress over all I had to get done, focus solely on the moment I get to leave for the airport and feel all the while the things keeping me from that moment are in the way and not as important. But after talking with DK and praying over the week ahead of us, I feel like...

Hmmm...

If I get the stuff done, great. If not, oh well. I feel that my time over coffee tonight with Anna is so precious, that I will get my bag packed eventually and there are so many moments to savor and relax within today, tomorrow and the next day before the plane takes off... I don't have to wait until then to take my "deep breath".

I so love this lyric from Steven Curtis Chapman's song Miracle of the Moment:
"So breathe it in and breathe it out
Listen to your heartbeat
There's a wonder in the here and now
It's right there in front of you
And I don't want you to miss the miracle of the moment"

Ok, back to work!
Love love love,
Liz

No comments: