Wednesday, October 1, 2008

things i love.

Why is is that when your significant other is away, you comtemplate, reminisce, and daydream about them even more? Well, the answer is obvious and absence surely makes my heart grow fonder towards DK while he's gone this week. Here's a couple things I've been thinking I love...

We seem to get stopped at railroad crossings a lot and I love that we take advantage of the time sitting still, instead of stressing and racing around finding another route.

I love how we challenge each other creatively too. In fact the other night we both were on our laptops in the same room and I said "Let's pick a topic, research it for 10 minutes, and then debate over it." DK chooses "Global warming". He's fiction, I'm fact. Our debate was HILARIOUS. His source: www.globalwarminghoax.com/ There's nothing greater than the pain in my stomach from laughing too hard along with the site and sound of him in hysterical laughter...

I love how we both love food. I love how going out to eat is a big deal, how we carefully select and review a new place, and how we're giddy on the way imagining what we'll order. Once there, we take in the lighting, the sound, and the over all asthetics of the restaurant. It's not just about the food! I love how we love food, it makes a meal all the more enjoyable when you have someone to get excited with.

I love how together, I am me to a greater power and he is him to a deeper level. I can do ANYTHING and he still likes me! I can dance and even sing outloud, I can say every last thing on my mind in front of him and not feel suppressed, dorky, or less of who I am. And every joke he makes and idea explained reveals an undiscovered depth to him, his creativity and quirks. I'm constantly left in awe.

I love how we are such great buds. While he's away, I miss that a lot. He's such a great friend...

6 comments:

heather hub said...

what a sweet entry!

Yannochka said...

aww. I can' wait to have a relationship like that. :)

Sweet

Anonymous said...

shmoopy shmoopy shmoopy.
:) I am so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

why dont u guys get married already??

Anonymous said...

If I didnt know any better I would say you two were made for each other. :) Ya'll are too cute.

Anonymous said...

When the wedding? I mean this is great and it is the sweet sorda things I say about my hubby! Sounds like you to are ment to be!!