Sunday, November 16, 2008

the power of encouraging words.

Yesterday was our scheduled 15 mile run and I was ready, both mentally and physically. It was a GLORIOUS morning and the weather could not have been more beautiful! Seriously, my love for this city has grown through and through from touring areas I've never seen before and my appreciation has grown, my perspective broadened. It's amazing what happens when you tour scenery by foot. You notice things you wouldn't otherwise when zooming past in a car.

The run was going well and around mile 13 I was enjoying the massive canopy of trees covering South Street in West University when an older gentleman catches up to me and as he's passing me, says "It's a great day for a run! How far ya going?" I told him I was on mile 13 and had two more to go. And then he says "Wow! You're looking really strong at 13 miles! Keep up the great work!"

I cannot even begin to express to you how this effected me. As if I was back at mile 1 again, a new spring filled my step, my posture was again upright and I just laughed out loud!

I will never underestimate the power of a simple encouraging word, ever again.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

God reveals Himself in the simplest ways sometimes, doesn't He?

Thank YOU Liz, for the encouragement YOU bring through this blog.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

Keri said...

Congratulations!!!! WOW!! That is a huge accomplishment..........so I have to know, did you and DK go out for an incredible meal after that race? In my mind, the work out has everything to do with what I'm then allowed to eat and a 15 mile run equals a SERIOUSLY good meal.

Sarah Taylor said...

I just talked about this story on air! Your life is great show-prep...for me!