Thursday, September 25, 2008

sick day.

I had a stomach ache that turned into... well, I'll spare you the details. In my 4 years at KSBJ, I think I've used 4 sicks days total and this ache definitely merited use of another one. I crashed into my bed at home and poor helpless DK didn't know where to begin.

Eventually, after the pain grew and grew, he was on the phone with the nurse and she instructed me to come straight to the minor emergency clinic, "Don't drive yourself." Geeze!

Turns out I had a bug and was beyond dehydrated. After two hours in the clinic, a painful shot in my hip, and a conversation between Bill Clinton and Larry King on the tv, I was "released".

Where does this junk come from? Ugh, I hate being so immobilized. However, it was no doubt another great memory for DK and me, embarrassing as these times are, I think we became even greater friends and lovers after this experience :)

1 comment:

Hannah said...

That happened to my husband and I when we were dating.

We carpooled to school and one morning he came to pick me up. He called when he got to the house so I could go open the door. I was fine. But then I got up and we headed to the door. I was barely able to let him in before I collapsed with a sharp pain in my abdomen.

Aaron had to pick me up and carry me to the bed. I was in so much pain, I was sobbing, and I couldn't come out of the fetal position. We called my doctor's office and he said that I should head to the ER.

Aaron drove me to the ER. Turns out that I had a cyst on my ovary that had caused my ovary to twist and the cyst burst. Aaron was with me the whole time, holding my hand for the eight hours I was there. Even though no trip to the ER is fun, it was a great experience for us as a couple. It really did bring us closer together.