Thursday, October 23, 2008

breaking new barriers.

The barrier of SOUND, to be exact. Tomorrow morning at 10:30 I'll be boarding the flight of a lifetime - a USAF Thunderbird. I was selected as one of two media guests to ride in the F-16 and I'm beyond excited!!
The Wings Over Houston Airshow happens this weekend and I encourage you to come out to see the shows, meet the heroes and have a blast with your family. Click here for more details.

I'll be filling you in on all the details tomorrow afternoon and will have photos, video and audio!

But for now, here are some fun things to check out:

This is my pilot, Thunderbird # 8 - Maj. Tony Mulhare. Major Mulhare is the advance pilot/narrator and has logged more than 1,200 hours of flight time in the F-16.
Stop drooling.

Click here to learn more about the Thunderbirds.
I'll be wearing the flight suit, harness, helmet, G-suit and other gear. Do you know a G-suit is for? I just learned this as well, click here.

Highly nimble, the F-16 can pull 9-g maneuvers and can reach a maximum speed of Mach 2+.

Please pray that I don't ralph. And I"ll be posting tons more fun stuff tomorrow when I get back to the studio!

2 comments:

James ~n~ Amber said...

One of my dad's dreams has always been to go up in one of these planes. Thats so cool...

Andrea Himmelsehr said...

Please don't post pictures like him and then instruct us not to drool. Not possible. =) Have fun and don't ralph on that cute man!!!