Monday, November 3, 2008

halloween in montrose.

It was the perfect night. I came home from work, we ran to the store to pick up some pumpkins and supplies then back to my house where we met dad on the front porch, with his perfectly carved pumpkin waiting for some serious competition. I dragged out my little TV from college (the one with a built-in VCR) and we watched My Cousin Vinny on the front porch while carving, eating pizza and hanging with neighbors. Kenai was in full effect with her first ever Halloween costume, a chicken suit. It didn't fit too well so we left her with just the headpiece. Later on we enjoyed a walk around the neighborhood, checking out parties and very colorful costumes and characters but called it an early night and closed up shop. And because there was such a low number of actual trick or treaters, we still have TONS of candy left over. Yay.

1 comment:

James ~n~ Amber said...

I hadn't seen your Halloween post...so fun ! I see Emma wasn't the only Oompa Loompa in the world ! Mmmmmaybe a little cuter though ;)