Wednesday, May 13, 2009

marriage conference, whoa nelly.

Last year I had Dennis Rainey on my show and after our taped interview, he asked if I was seeing anyone. I told him about DK, how we'd been dating for a couple months and that it was going really well. He prayed over us and then told me if we were dating this time next year, we needed to come to the Weekend To Remember conference. And here we are a year later following orders and headed to the conference next weekend. Whew!

From everyone I know who's been to this conference it brought to light so. many. issues. that had either been covered up, not yet discovered, or that needed healing and forgiveness. I've heard nothing but good things so I'm excited to see what DK and I learn about each other, ourselves and God in this relationship.

Have you been? What did you think?

If you want to learn more about it and how to go, click here!

4 comments:

The Purtle's said...

oh, you'll love it!! We went when we were engaged also, and have been back twice since. It's wonderful....I also love the Rainey's devotional book for couples.

James ~n~ Amber said...

I wanted to go last year so bad, but the 3 times it was near us, we had something going on. I've heard great things about it though.

Nicky said...

My wife and I won the Grand Prize comp registration and free hotel last year, and the whole event was wonderful. We have gone thru some hard times in the last few years, but the Lord has been gracious and helped our love over the hurdles; we came out of the weekend feeling like were in pretty good shape!

I'm sure you and DK will gain great insight and some valuable tools to help keep Christ the center and foundation of your relationship, and may God bless you and him moving forward!

phahbee said...

Hope you guys enjoyed it. It was nice meeting you guys;)