Thursday, January 21, 2010

We Set A Date.

It's incredible how vastly different things feel, look, seem, and are once you set your wedding date as an engaged couple. I've felt like a wild banchi woman (I don't even know what that is, just imagine something crazy?) and all over the place emotionally, physically, and in terms of planning I just couldn't get anything rolling. My friend Brittany told me once we set the date, it would feel more settled and secure, that making plans would then be more focused with direction, not to mention feeling true excitement! And while it feels good and cool and yippee and skippee right now, I've got to be careful not to lose site of the most important part of all.

Talking to my friend Lindsey yesterday, she reminded me(in a way that really spoke to me) how above all else, losing myself in all the details of the wedding ceremony/reception/etc. happens so easily and I've really got to watch it. I told her too how I'd realized in the last few days, while I'd been so consumed and lost in setting the date, accomodating everyone and feeling the pressure to make this occassion out of this world I'd not taken ANY time to read the Word in quiet time. Hence the wild banchi woman state?

Either way, in the next 100 days until the wedding and in the days beyond, I want to continue striving to be a great woman in my relationships, in my marriage, with my family, with my career and one day with my children. As much as I seem to try, I can't accomplish this on my own. I started bootcamp again on Monday(thanks to Brandi) because it helps keep my head clear and my heart healthy. It's early enough in the morning that I have no excuse not to sit down for a quiet time afterwards and really dive into the Word. Been reading from Luke lately, what an amazing book.

Ok so, we set the date right? It's been tough!! I thought it would be easy as pie once we got engaged, but there are so many things to consider that had me stressed and in tears a lot... but when it came down to it, this was the date that came to mind in the beginning and in our hearts just never left.

So, DK & I will be married on Saturday, May 1, 2010 at noon!!

We are thrilled and so happy to finally put all these beautiful details into action!! I will keep you posted for sure :) Love, love, love.

8 comments:

Vivian said...

Congrats, Liz! Best wishes to you as you plan your day!!

~Misty said...

I am oh, so very happy for you, Liz, and DK!!!! What a wonderful feeling. I recently was given some wonderful advice from a friend that God's timing is always perfect and how thankful you are to know you didn't rush things. We were both in agreement but she increased the excitement I had in knowing that. All I can say, is that God will walk both of you through this time of engagement and planning! I'm not at that stage of life yet, but I can say God has been showing me that his timing is perfect and how happy and joyful I am that I did not rush things!
Much love!!
Misty

PS - I can't wait to hear more!

Natalie said...

So happy to hear that a date has been set. Will continue praying for you guys as you continue to plan. Love you!

starlightmommy said...

I got engaged and married all within 119 days. I was still a college student with a part time job; my husband was also a student and employed full time. The best advice that was ever told to me was "decide what is most important" because no matter how hard you work, how much you stress, worry and agonize over the details at the end of the day you just want to be married to this person and the day after the wedding you're nothing more then glad that it is over and your happy to finally be married. Best of luck to you and DK

Official Fairygodmother said...

WOO HOO!!

Much love,
JoAnn

Lindsee said...

Liz, I don't comment much but I love your blog. So excited for you! Thanks for sharing your heart with us. Gives me much hope as I wait for my man! (Not to propose, but just to go on a date!)

Lindsee

s a o r i said...

Hi! KSBJ listener, here. I'm so happy for you! It's so awesome that you picked May 1. THAT'S MY BIRTHDAY!! I got so excited when I saw that. Anyway, congrats!!! You're amazing, Liz!

James ~n~ Amber said...

Wow! Blessings to you guys.